Re: [TowerTalk] Orion simple question

To: "'Tower and HF antenna construction topics.'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Orion simple question
From: "Perry - K4PWO" <k4pwo@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 13:36:43 -0500
The answer is, it depends... Some DB/E-9 female to female cables are "NULL"
modem cables that have end to end crossed pins.  Some are not NULL modem
cables... The only way to know is to check to see it pin 2 is connected to
pin 2 and pin 3 is connected to pin 3.  If so, you have a straight through
plain cable.  I would connect the two cables and ring out the pins on the
two free ends.  A straightened paper clip makes a good "probe" for the ends
with female pins.

73 de Perry - K4PWO