To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 88, Issue 99
From: "James Wolf" <jbwolf@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 20:51:17 -0500
Actually, one of the best reasons to connect the tower base to rebar is that
it will help with lightning surge dissipation.

Around these parts, the water throughout the winter and spring can actually
fill the tubes of a buried section from the bottom up to almost the ground
level.
If you are going to guy the tower, why not use a rooftop plate and make the
top of the slab flat where the plate sits.  Slope it down just slightly on
the sides so water doesn't have a place to stand. Add positioning bolts in
the concrete and be done with it.  Use the tower section you were going to
bury for that little extra height, and if in the future you change tower
types, you can sit a different plate in the same spot.  You have less worry
with water rusting out the tower sections because you can clean the weep
holes in the roof top plate any time you want.

Jim, KR9U