Re: [TowerTalk] FW: Re Force12 C19XR

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] FW: Re Force12 C19XR
From: Neil & Heather <neil.goodell@myfairpoint.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 19:07:25 -0400
Natan,

Thought you'd get a kick from that.....
You would have really laughed if you had
saw me just do a "Wow..I could have had a V8"
smack to the forehead... :)
It all makes sense now, the W6 "XR" call..
Duh, on my part....
Your right, what a small world.

It does not have the "newer" closed sleeve though,
just 2  19" lengths of solid # 12 thhn,
If your familiar with a brand of
romex call UF (direct bury), would
that work as a "closed" sleeve with the
ground (center) wire pulled out??
Its still on the ground, so any improvements can
be done now,and I'm wondering if the balun was
damaged in a T-storm, Norm's QTH was definitely
"out in the open"...on top of the hill..
I just saw the link posted for the balun manufacturer,
I'll bookmark it.
Thanks again...great job on the "XR" line... :)
73
Neil
AE1P