Re: [TowerTalk] Freestanding tower, narrow city lot

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Freestanding tower, narrow city lot
From: "Steve Katz" <stevek@jmr.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 14:11:24 -0700
> I believe that the national electric code requires you to stay one and
one half times the height away from any power line.<

...and...

>This brings up a question:  If it is 1.5 times the height for
clearance,
there are a number of commercial towers and cell towers locally that
appear if they went over they'd hit the power lines.  These are both
free standing and guyed, in town, and the country. Without being able to
physically see the location, there is no way for me or anyone else to
physically look into our crystal ball and see what your location looks
like.<

::If there is such a statement in NEC (I don't recall this), it
obviously isn't being followed nor enforced anywhere around here in Los
Angeles.  Many of our own freestanding streetlamp posts have almost zero
setback from overhead utility lines, and there must be 100,000 of those!

WB2WIK/6