Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 45 Tower Bolts Torque Setting

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 45 Tower Bolts Torque Setting
From: Steven Kerns <n3fti@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 14:45:53 -0700 (PDT)
I really don't think we need to worry about precise torquing of tower bolts,
let alone bolt stretch.  Seem a little overkill for tower bolts!  Just snug
then tight.

I just could not resist throwing in the bolt strech info, I hope everyone
realized that I was jesting by my ;-) at the end of the email.

We do use a bolt strech gauge when putting together motors for our blown
alcohol dragster.  As Hans noted, ARP (racing bolt mfgr) does give a spec for
them to be stretched to depending on material and diameter.

73

Steve, N3FTI