Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower damaged by lightning

To: Jim Thomson <Jim.thom@telus.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower damaged by lightning
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Sat, 01 May 2010 08:35:48 -0700
> Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 08:22:32 -0500
> From: "Jim McDonald" <jim@n7us.net>
> Subject: [TowerTalk] US Tower damaged by lightning

> ##  My  HDX-689 is sitting in the driveway... delivered last Monday.
> Although it

> ##  as an aside.  I notice that all my coax arms  don't line up  [the far
> ends] . ..esp the
> one at the 21'  level.

The coax arms on my HDX-5106 don't line up real well either.
What I did was to open up the metal hooks at the ends of the arms into
a U shape.  Then I got some black rubber hose at the auto store that
slipped over the ends of the hooks and formed a complete loop.  Half
metal and half rubber.  The loop is fairly large ~6 inches long, and
allows enough room to allow the coax to come down straight despite
the misalignment.

Rick N6RK