[TowerTalk] *Towertalk *BREAKING NEWS* [was Rohn Bolt Torque & Wenches,

To: "'Robert Chudek - K0RC'" <k0rc@citlink.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>, "Michael Ryan" <mryan001@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] *Towertalk *BREAKING NEWS* [was Rohn Bolt Torque & Wenches, Owls, True North...]
From: "JoeCoolDXer" <JoeCoolDXer@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 08:51:16 -0700
While appropriate utilization of Wenches, True North, and Owls are vitally
important aspects of a world-beating tower/antenna installation and utility,
*today*, right here on Towertalk, it can now be revealed a previously Absolute
Top-Secret weapon to maximize station performance:

                         ***PYRAMIDS***

It has long been known that *pyramids* harbor magical mystical properties and
powers that mere mortals can never quite fully understand. Nevertheless, it is
paramount that one attempt to incorporate appropriate pyramid technology into
any hard-core pile-up busting high-horsepower antenna/tower system for the
ultimate in heavy-artillery killer-RF output.  Most appropriately as part of
the tower-base concrete monolith.  No tower should be without one if maximum
performance is desired.

An example can be seen at
http://www.qrz.com/db/N7EF<http://www.qrz.com/db/N7EF>  (scroll to the bottom
of page).

We had trouble with our concrete being a bit too wet and it would not quite
ramp up to the desired peak height for max signal db, it has nevertheless
provided a frequent edge to snag a weak rare one out of a mind-blowing
mega-pileup.

Oh yes, as a fringe benefit, a properly positioned pyramid will also provide
excellent drainage off the metal parts at the tower base...

-JoeCoolDXer-