Re: [TowerTalk] 2" T-6 mast

To: towertalk@contesting.com, wb5aaa@windstream.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 2" T-6 mast
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 17:03:17 EDT

In a message dated 5/6/2010 12:01:37 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  Is this a good Idea?

>  Here is my  plan
Mast is 2" od  / 1.5" id   T-6
20 ft long
I plan  on    2el  5 band    Quad  10ft   3"boom  total weight about 50 lbs.

>  I have   Rohn  45   65ft with a home made  hazer

> My  plan was to place the Quad so all the elements were above the top of
the
tower.
So that would place the  quad boom about 15ft above the  rotator..
Then at the very top I would have a 2m/440  vertical

    Umm, maybe. What's your county windspeed rating?  You can look it up at
_www.championradio.com_ (http://www.championradio.com)  under Tech  Notes.

    Then you need to calculate your proposed load at  that windspeed.
There's at least one online spreadsheet to do it or you can  spend ten bucks
and
get the Mast, Antenna and Rotator Calculator (MARC)  Program from
_www.championradio.com_ (http://www.championradio.com) .

THEN you'll have the answer to your question.  Anything else is a pure
guess.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH