[TowerTalk] Roof tower antenna installation help.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Roof tower antenna installation help.
From: "anthony" <k2vi@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 10:37:25 -0400
I have a create 6 foot roof tower which i installed with 2x6 x10' long wood
inside attic across rafters. I also slide 2x6 pieces vertically so when i
bolted down the tower i would not pull the roof down.they are wedged between
the plywood roof and the 10' long 2x6 across the rafters in the attic. The
tower is super solid and the roof type is a truss with hurricane straps. My
question is i would like to errect a small hy-gain 203 BA monoband yagi on this
tower. The yagis boom is a 2" diameter by 16 feet long. The tapered 3 elements
are about 36 feet. The antenna weighs only 32 # and has a windload of 5.4. I
would apreciate any advice as to this installation. Would this roof tower be
sufficient? I have seen a3s and ta-33m antennas on a roof tower which has heavy
traps. This antenna does not have traps but is physically larger BUT around the
same weight.Any answers would be apreciated.thanks guys.

anthony k2vi