[TowerTalk] Grounding and Tower Location Question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Grounding and Tower Location Question
From: Greg Thornwall <thorn@myactv.net>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 17:59:17 -0400

Hi, I'm going to be putting up a 48' Rohn HDBX tower at my home QTH. I
was planning to place it behind my detached garage which is ~100ft from
my house. I would like to put it close but I'm not sure if that is ok?
Is there a min distance? It's for a 900MHz, 440MHz and 2m repeater and
maybe a small UHF beam. I would like to get as close as possible to min.
feedline distance.

Also, grounding, are there any good web links for grounding towers,
feedlines etc. It will be the tallest structure (I'm @ 1,200 ft, ~600ft
HAAT), so it's probably guaranteed to get hit by lightning.

Tnx, 73 Greg KD3SU