[TowerTalk] BCD relay driver ideas needed

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] BCD relay driver ideas needed
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 12:27:48 -0400
I bought an Ameritron RCS-10 antenna switch at Dayton, particularly
because of its BCD control protocol.  My thought was to use the BCD band
data output from my shack computer, running N1MM Logger, to control the
remote relay box in parallel with the manual controller.  But in order
to do that, I will need 3 relay drivers to supply the needed current,
and presumably, will also need a level shifter because the relays want
12 volts, while my LPT port is 5.

Has anyone already been down this road, so I won't have to reinvent the
wheel?  Is there a way to use traditional PNP transistor source drivers,
but with 5 volts on the base and 12 volts on the collector?

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
reversebeacon.blogspot.com