Re: [TowerTalk] Stacking yagis

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Stacking yagis
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 14:02:27 -0700
Stacking is one way to go for VHF bands, if there is enough mast and
tower capacity.  My question is stacks versus interlaced yagi's.

There are several commercial choices of 2m/70cm yagi's interlaced on one
boom, but I've been unable to find a 6m/2m interlaced antenna.  Since
these bands are the biggest constraint of stacking aperatures, it seems
to me that a long boom (e.g. 20' +) 6m/2m would be a very useful
antenna.  Perhaps there are interaction problems that don't happen for
the 2m/70cm or what?

Inputs appreciated.

Grant  KZ1W