Re: [TowerTalk] Shack ground

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Shack ground
From: Mark Spencer <mspencer12345@yahoo.ca>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 14:46:04 -0700 (PDT)
>NEC cares about "don't burn down the building" and "don't kill/injure
>the occupants".  Disasters like the MGM Grand hotel fire and swimming
>pool shocks feature a lot in the discussions of code makers when talking
>about Article 250.

Don't burn down the building and don't kill / injure the occupants sound like a
reasonable design criteria to me for the grounding of my amateur radio
instalation.  The protection of my amateur radio gear takes a distant third
place to protecting the lives of my family memebrs and our home.   Having a
separate "RF ground" or antenna system ground that is not electrically
connected to the electrical service ground by a dedicated ground wire would be
a non starter for me.

Regards
Mark VE7AFZ