Re: [TowerTalk] Is lightning hitting the tower..or the yagi's ?

To: k2xx@swva.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Is lightning hitting the tower..or the yagi's ?
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 14:14:55 -0700
Joe Giacobello wrote:
> K1TTT wrote:
>> Porcupines don't work.  That has been well debunked by nasa and other
>> studies.  I don't have the reports links handy, but they are available on
>> the web and you can probably find the links in the archives of this list
>> from last year, and the year before, and the year before that.
>>

> FYI: A very well written and lucid article on this subject, and probably
> one of those that Dave is referring to, is:
>
> "There Is No Magic To Lightning Protection:
> Charge Transfer Systems Do Not Prevent Lightning Strikes"
>
> William Rison
> Professor of Electrical Engineering
> New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology
>
> It should be available by simply searching the title.  Otherwise, I can
> provide a copy.

You can also google for "lightning mousa" (Mousa is the author of a
paper for an  IEEE journal that got the mfr of lightning eliminators all
riled up and threatening to sue IEEE)

More links at
http://home.earthlink.net/~w6rmk/lightning.htm
although it hasn't been updated very recently.. There's some newer stuff
out that I should add to it.