Re: [TowerTalk] Why horizontally polarized antennas?

To: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Why horizontally polarized antennas?
From: Kelly Johnson <n6kj.kelly@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 16:20:20 -0700
I've always thought this as well, but others have claimed this is not
true.  Can anyone explain why this is the case?

Yes, my anecdotal evidence supports this.  I've done side-by-side
comparisons of a 40m vertical dipole against a horizontal dipole and
always found QRN to be higher on the vertical.  I just don't
understand why this is the case.