Re: [TowerTalk] best way to shine up an old yagi?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] best way to shine up an old yagi?
From: "D Calder" <towertalk@n4zkf.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 13:25:07 -0400
Scotchbrite came back and bit me some years ago. The "metal in it" got in the
pits of elements and actually made the antenna
look like it rusted a month later. Even though it wasn't the aluminum, it was
the metal in the pad. They make brass pads too.

I had to take it down, use 400 grit to get it out and then clear coated it and
it's been up for some time now. It stops it from deteriorating
when you live 900 ft. from the ocean when it's covered with something. I have
some that have been up 7 to 8 years and that's a good
bit next to the sea salt.

73 Dave n4zkf
n4zkf@n4zkf.com
www.n4zkf.com