Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower IV-16 Inverted V mount issues

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower IV-16 Inverted V mount issues
From: "Jim McDonald" <jim@n7us.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 17:58:12 -0500
I have used one for about 15 years with no issues.  I do use two bunji cords to
keep it oriented but the inverted vee has enough tension to keep it from
rotating.  The bunjis are wrapped around the top section and clipped on a leg
or cross bracing.  I've never greased it.  I make sure the boom-to-mast bracket
of the beam isn't resting on it.

I agree that having it turn would be a problem!

Jim N7US