Re: [TowerTalk] Truss clamp for 2" mast ??

To: towertalk@contesting.com, n4kwpete@centurylink.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Truss clamp for 2" mast ??
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 19:00:49 EDT

In a message dated 7/22/2010 5:25:02 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  I would be very upset after paying over $2,300 dollars  for an antenna
and
have them recommend that method of attaching the  overhead truss.
>  Oh it might very well work but is that the correct way  to do that.
Seems to me
for that money they could include an  aluminum plate with four holes and a
couple of turnbuckles.

    Well, then your $2300 antenna will cost $2400,  $2500 or at some
increased cost due to the increased parts and labor.

Like everything else, this method - and all the  others - has its pluses
and minuses. This method is certainly easier  with smaller antennas than
bigger ones plus it makes it more difficult to  balance the boom. Is that a big
deal? You decide.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH