Re: [TowerTalk] LMR 400

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] LMR 400
From: Steve Gehring <steven.gehring@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 00:01:36 -0800
  All,
I have about 500 feet of Commscope 3227 I won't part with anytime soon.
And yes, I believe my stuff came from a "bust" lot of about 10 years
ago.  To this day, this 3227 remains as "like new" as you could find.

3227 is great stuff... and will be one of the runs to a new tower going
up next summer, along with some Andrew FSJ5-50B, since I have scads of
connectors and reinstall kits for 1/2 inch FSJ coax.  There's no doubt
-- Commscope 3227 is premium coaxial cable.

BTW, 3227 does, and quite easily I might add, accept a decently soldered
PL-259 connector.  Also note that it does have a larger copper center
conductor, and did NOT fit within the pins of the Times-branded LMR400
N-type crimp connectors I had laying around.  Beware of that...

73 de NL7W.