[TowerTalk] Power Distribution (Jim Brown)

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Power Distribution (Jim Brown)
From: hanslg@aol.com
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 14:10:07 -0400
 Oh man, Jim,

If you lived with it you love it. I spent the first half of my life in Sweden
and I had three phase in my house (as well at work).

How about; not start capacitors and an unreliable centrifuge switch on
small/medium size motors, higher efficiency on all motors, smaller on no
reservoir capacitors in power supplies. Three phase is well worth its price.
All you need is one additional wire which is cheap (if it is installed to begin
with).

I don't know for sure if that has to do with three phase but I never
experienced light blinking each time a small/medium motor (like the one in an
oil-burner or a refrigerator ) started.

Hans - N2JFS/SM6BXX