Re: [TowerTalk] Differentiating Tri-Ex Towers

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Differentiating Tri-Ex Towers
From: Mickey Baker <fishflorida@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 11:45:47 -0400
Thanks to all that responded - I found the LM-354HD dimensions on Tashjian's
web site.

The dimensions are exactly as the HM-354's manual!

I'm looking at a tower represented to me as a LM-354HD but the manual is for
an HM.

The top section is 16 1/2" on a side, the bottom section is 23", the
distance between the mounting "ears" is 23 5/16" - just like an LM-354HD.
Dimensions would indicate that's what this tower is, and it appears that the
RCB-70 base will work.

The tower is in good shape, but the manual delivered to me (which frankly
seems older than the tower) is for an HM-354 - which has the same
dimensions, although the wind load certification is "22 sq ft at 60mph"
extended for the HM-354. I'm thinking that this was before EIA wind
standards, but performance may be similar.

Since the dimensions are the same, what's the consensus - should I (for the
purpose of permitting) assume this is an LM-354HD and proceed?

Thanks again,

Mickey, N4MB