[TowerTalk] Proximity to power lines

To: <Cqtestk4xs@aol.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Proximity to power lines
From: "JoeCoolDXer" <JoeCoolDXer@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 01:04:45 -0700
Go to QRZ page for N7EF, click "details" tab, go to map, click on "satellite "
tab and zoom in.
The parallel lines on my side of the road behind the property are 115,000
volts, about 40 feet from
the element tips if swung that way.  Also have 75/80m 1/4 wave slopers off
tower
that terminate almost under the power lines.

Power company put the 115KV in after I had been up for 15 years, that was 20
years ago.
Had to call them and ask them when they were going to turn it on after they put
it up.
Turned out it had already been on for a couple weeks and I hadn't even noticed.

This proximity has not ever been a problem -- maybe someday when their stuff
gets older...
Am not on 160m, can't speak for that.
QRN from Seattle manufacturing areas 15 miles away is more of a problem, when
beaming that direction.

Don N7EF
Pyramids rule...