Re: [TowerTalk] Proximity to HV power lines

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Proximity to HV power lines
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 03:35:38 EDT
Thanks to all who responded to my post.  The jury is out on  this one.
Some ops had no problem with high voltage lines closer than the  2500 feet I
specified.  Others had big problems with ones further away than  2500.

There was agreement that the noise was worse on 160 and became  weaker with
high freqs.  Also, many found more problens with the lower  voltage lines
in the immediate neighborhood.

Mahalo for the help.

Bill KH7XS