[TowerTalk] Rohn HDBX Advice

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn HDBX Advice
From: Kelley <kshaddrick@jetup.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 18:00:39 -0500
I just put up a Rohn 48' HDBX tower. Before I start putting up antennas,
I want to add some more grounds to the tower. The current bolts that
hold the tower to the base are not long enough to add another nut so I
can attach the ground wire. I've been unable to find any longer bolts
that will work as the unthreaded length of the longer bolts is to long,
thus I hit the end of the thread before they are tight.

My multiple part question is, does anyone know of a supplier of longer
9/16" bolts that are threaded their entire length? If not, does anyone
know of some sort of clamp that would attach to the tower legs that I
can attach ground wire to? Or, can one drill another hole in the legs to
attach a ground wire without jeopardizing the integrity of the tower? Or ?

Thanks,

Kelley