Re: [TowerTalk] OT:Satellite Internet - Results

To: "TowerTalk@contesting.com" <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] OT:Satellite Internet - Results
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 10:20:43 -0700
On Fri, 27 Aug 2010 09:16:13 -0700 (PDT), Dan Bookwalter wrote:

>I will be looking into getting and outside cell antenna and
>possibly an amplifier

If you've got a lot of trees, don't count on getting much range
from cell phones. I live in a redwood forest, and NO cell phones
work up here. Loss in trees increases with frequency. Heck -- I
can't even do much at 440 MHz, let alone 900 MHz where cell phones
live! If you've got a clear path you might do well.

73, Jim K9YC