Re: [TowerTalk] Anyone in South Florida need a mast?

To: Dick NY1E <dickny1e@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Anyone in South Florida need a mast?
From: Mickey Baker <fishflorida@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 14:37:15 -0400
Hi, Dick,

Where do you suggest I find tubing of suitable strength for 140MPH/3
second, 22 square foot antenna load?  Schedule 80 pipe isn't strong
enough, according to my calculation. Have you found a solution to this
that I'm not aware of?

I haven't purchased this yet, and am open to ideas.

What would you do, rather than spend money on 1026 tubing and galvanizing?

Thanks for your constructive comments,

73,

Mickey N4MB

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 6:47 PM, Dick NY1E <dickny1e@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "I'm looking for someone in South Florida to share a ~20' heavy duty
> antenna mast - 2" OD, 0.25" wall 1026 DOM tubing, galvanized. Half of
> it (about 10') will be about $160."
>
> Why would you spend that for a 10' mast, it may be worth it if you need 20'
> But it was that expensive only because of its length!
>
> my opinion,
> Dick
> www.ny1e.com

Mickey Baker
Fort Lauderdale, FL
“Tell me, and I will listen. Show me, and I will understand. Involve
me, and I will learn.” Teton Lakota, American Indian Saying.