[TowerTalk] doublet in a rotating tower?

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] doublet in a rotating tower?
From: "Kurt Cathcart, KR2C" <Kurt@KuhlRoad.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 09:59:08 -0400
I have a US Tower MA40 rotating tower.  My house was build on an old farm field
and I have no mature trees.  I put the tower up 140 feet from the house and I
would like to use it to hold up the far end of a doublet.  I'm thinking of
clamping something like a thrust bearing to the mast to tie the doublet to.  I
have a couple of questions......

1.  Any recommendation of a thrust bearing that I can use for this?  The tower
uses a standard 2" mast.

2. I'm concerned about the stress the starting and stopping of the rotating
tower would have on the doublet.
    a.  Any recommendation of the construction of the doublet that would handle
the stress?
    b. would some sort of spring between the thrust bearing and the doublet
help me out?

-Kurt
KR2C