Re: [TowerTalk] FW: Use of Aluminum Nicropress clamps

To: towertalk@contesting.com, g3jvc@jcleeve.idps.co.uk
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] FW: Use of Aluminum Nicropress clamps
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 11:57:00 EDT

In a message dated 9/9/2010 7:28:09 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>      Without you having detailed  knowledge of the ferrules used and the
equipment and tooling to fix those  aluminium ferrules you describe, to the
guy wires, I would not risk my life  and limb climbing that tower, even for
friend!

    Good grief. It looks like the difference  between the aluminum and
copper ones has to do with galvanic action and not  strength; e.g. copper is
used for stainless steel and galvanized cables.

    And for Pete's sake we're talking about  50' of 25G. The danged thing
could free-stand in some  instances so I don't think you're in any danger of
life and limb.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH