Re: [TowerTalk] free climbing a 1700`tower

To: Towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] free climbing a 1700`tower
From: Steven McGehee <list@qx.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 10:12:41 -0400
I too was curious, is what we see in this video typical of what
professional climbers do, in terms of the amount of free climbing? It's
a dangerous enough job as is, but is that amount of free climbing
considered the norm?

Also -- do any of you find it odd that it at least doesn't appear that
he is wearing an EMR or RF suit? I don't know what type of transmissions
he is around at that height, but I would think it would be dangerous for
a person to be around...

Thanks in advance for any responses.

-Steven