Re: [TowerTalk] 80-m. Inverted Vee vs. Dipole Performance

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80-m. Inverted Vee vs. Dipole Performance
From: Edward Sylvester <navydude1962@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 11:14:31 -0700 (PDT)
My experience is as follows:

I have a full-sized Inv Vee for 80m, fed with 600 Ohm Ladder Line, and through
a Tuner w/balun (apex at 70' and ends up 12').

My other antenna is a Create CD-75 Rotatable Dipole (shortened, 54' with coils
and capacity hats at the ends) up 75', in the clear.

I have A/B'd these several times, with domestic and DX stations.  The Rotatable
Dipole wins every time, by 1-2 S Units, transmit and receive.  It's quieter,
too.  Doesn't have the bandwidth of the Inv Vee, but it has switchable relays
for the various segments of the 80m band and works fine on 75m, with tuner.

Just thought I would pass this along, staying on target with the topic.

73,
Ed NI6S