Re: [TowerTalk] Free climbing a 1700' tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com, towerbob@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Free climbing a 1700' tower
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 16:03:51 EDT

In a message dated 9/18/2010 12:01:11 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  I always free climb, then snap the belt when I get where  I'm going.
Been doing it for 20 years or more.  There's just one  rule -- hold on tight.

    Good luck if you have a heart attack or some  other medical emergency.

    This thread has been going on for a couple of  days and no has
mentioned the fact that what those tower climbers were doing -  free climbing -
is
illegal. OSHA rules state that you need to be attached to  the tower 100% of
the time.

    As an amateur, you're not subject to OSHA rules  but it sure is a good
idea.

Cheers,
Steve   K7LXC
TOWER TECH
and
Author of UP THE TOWER - The Complete Guide To Tower  Construction
available from _www.championradio.com_ (http://www.championradio.com)
888-833-3104