[TowerTalk] Fw: ladders

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fw: ladders
From: "Don Tucker" <w7wll@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 19:58:03 -0700
From: "Don Tucker" <w7wll@arrl.net>
To: <n8de@thepoint.net>
Sent: Sunday, September 19, 2010 7:57 PM
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] ladders

Takes my  26 foot Little Giant Type 1 ladder at the proper angle to get to
the top of my cranked down HG-70HD crankup and it is still a little short.
Silly as it may seem to some I wear a harness and hook on, since I often
have to lean out and around to reach things like the coax arms or the lower
beam balun or the rotator. Luckily I have the right gear since one of my
sons was a high rigger. I'm screwed if the upper 12/17 has problems since it
is up an additional 8 feet and I'm not about to climb the mast, don't give a
crap how strong it is. Hello bucket truck rental for that.

Don W7WLL