Re: [TowerTalk] Groundhog Hates RG-58

To: towertalk@contesting.com, Larry K4AB <larry.k4ab@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Groundhog Hates RG-58
From: Tom Anderson <andersonww5l@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 11:51:41 -0700 (PDT)
Larry:

This may sound bizarre, but the garden show people on AM radio in the DFW area
say it works.  Try some of your "green" lawn supply and feed stores in your
area.  We have some in the Dallas-Fort Worth area that sell "coyote urine"
(really--please no rants) for gardeners who are bothered by varmits like deer
or rabbits, etc. nibbling their plants to the ground. The garden folks say to
put a few drops on a piece of cotton and put it on a stick in the problem area.
 They say it sends the varmits running for someone else's garden, flower bed,
etc. Also I've had success with getting rid of squirrels by mixing some hot
chili powder in our bird feeders.  Birds can't taste it and squirrels hate it.

Tom, WW5L