Re: [TowerTalk] Idiom Press RotorCard DXA

To: Tower Talk List <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Idiom Press RotorCard DXA
From: Kevin Normoyle <knormoyle@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 18:02:59 -0700
  I have an Idiom Press card for Yaesu G-1000 dxa. Works great.
but you got me thinking about  what are current alternatives, feature wise.
(without replacing the whole controller)
(I have two other controllers that would be nice to automate).

has anyone used this  from Germany:
*EASY-ROTOR-CONTROL*
http://schmidt-alba.de/English/english.html
There are multiple models. For just azimuth it seems like the ERC-1 is the
ticket
Kit form.

review here** (2/2010)
http://wiki.ham-radio-deluxe.com/index.php?title=Review_ERC1

looks like it works with the g-1000 dxa. Says supports 72 rotors.

64 euro. (plus ..)

Seems to get good recent reviews from some recent US hams
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/8210