Re: [TowerTalk] Help identify old tower

To: <gallen35@cox.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Help identify old tower
From: "AA6DX - Mark" <aa6dx@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 21:18:25 +0100
Hmmm ... way back, I had a couple of those... my very first tower, in
1964-5, was a used 40' one ...  it held my brand new TH6, delivered by
Railway Express .. when HyGain first came out with the Thunderbird ..
methinks it was a SPAULDING tower. ?? I see others have brought up that
brand also -- In the 70s, there were tons of them available in the
Sacramento Valley, as the influx of cable and satellite made outside TV
aerials not needed....... as an interesting aside .. dead heading lumber
truckers used to pick them up along the trail and haul them here to sell to
CBers...and hams ... I'll put that on the back burner and see if I can think
up more info ... 73, CU in CQP  -- Mark  K6H   AA6DX   Humboldt County