Re: [TowerTalk] Ran Short of Concrete

To: "TOWERTALK@contesting. com" <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ran Short of Concrete
From: Don Moman VE6JY <ve6jy.1@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 17:49:22 +0000
Too late now, but maybe helps the next guy - always have a quantity of
boulders or large rocks around (they are plentiful here) and you can just
add as little or as much as you need to fine tune the cement level to the
right height.

For now, I'd just use tar or pitch on the legs and put sand/gravel around
them.  The cement at the top of the base adds little to the overturning
moment.  Plus it's a guyed tower and only 50' so you already have a base
that is way overkill.  Most of the guyed towers (~ ten between 120 and 200')
 here have no cement either in the base or at the anchors.

Don VE6JY