Re: [TowerTalk] Protecting Buried Guy Anchors and Tower Sections

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Protecting Buried Guy Anchors and Tower Sections
From: Ian White GM3SEK <gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 23:12:32 +0100
Mark Robinson wrote:
>A product like Waxoyl would be good too.
>

>I wanted to pour oil down inside the legs of my 86 foot Rohn 45 which
>is buried in concrete.  What is the best way to do this? Will it be
>possible to get one of the tower bolts out to do this or is this
>impossible with all the weight on the lower sections now

Waxoyl would work (if available in the USA) because it is specifically
formulated to prevent corrosion in wet environments.

My old moonbounce system had a rotating steel mast in a ground socket
filled with Waxoyl. Although 10 years of trapped condensation had turned
the Waxoyl into a water emulsion, the mast came out bright and
completely rust-free.

--

73 from Ian GM3SEK
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek