Re: [TowerTalk] Fulton K-1550 winch

To: "Guy Molinari" <guy_molinari@hotmail.com>, "Towertalk reflector" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fulton K-1550 winch
From: "Dave Hachadorian" <k6ll@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 20:54:50 -0700
I would use cable clamps and a piece of cable to secure the winch
cable, then disassemble the winch, unseize the clutch packs with
a hammer/screwdriver/chisel, reassemble the winch, and you should
be good to go. I have a brake-type winch, and whenever I use it
(about once every 5 years) I find that it has seized up.
Hopefully your winch has an exploded diagram, showing how it all
fits together. If not, take good notes when you disassemble. They
are not too complicated.

Do not lubricate.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ