Re: [TowerTalk] TR-44 Rotator Question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TR-44 Rotator Question
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 22:34:20 -0400

On 10/20/2010 8:57 PM, Dan Schaaf wrote:
> Does anyone know where I can find a service manual or instructions on how to
> disassemble the old TR-44 rotator? I need to do some service on it.
> Looking for step by step instructions at the best.
In addition to following the manual, don't forget to take it apart over
a cake pan, or something to catch all those loose ball bearings and
DON'T take it apart over your wife's living room carpet. <:-))

Treat the terminal strip on the base with care. They are easy to break.

I forgot to pay attention to the position of the bearing retainers.  Do
so, and before disassemble mark the top and bottom.  Then mark the inner
ring with the break for alignment as well.  The top sets on this ring.
I find it handy to run it to the stop on one direction of the other.
That makes it easier to keep track of the potentiometer in the top, the
top and bottom positions, otherwise it can be like reassembling a jigsaw
puzzle.

73

Roger (K8RI)