[TowerTalk] Painting Antennas

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Painting Antennas
From: Robert Harmon <k6uj@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 19:35:16 -0700
This week I am in the process of taking down  antennas from my tower and
replacing with
new ones.  In the San Francisco Bay area the aluminum doesn't take very long to
corrode and the old ones are in pretty bad condx.
I'm thinking about painting the new antennas this time and see how they hold up.
I read in the Force 12 assembly instructions for their C3 they mention painting
the antenna and it shouldn't affect the tuning.
I have considered this before and remember discussions about it but I am
wondering if anyone
could give feedback on a particular paint that has worked well for this.
Krylon has a latex, gray aluminum primer that looks interesting.

Bob
K6UJ