Re: [TowerTalk] Impedance at the Feedpoint

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Impedance at the Feedpoint
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2010 20:45:59 +0000
An EZNEC model of an Inverted-L with 60ft vertical and 77ft horizontal
gave me a resonant feedpoint resistance of 32 Ohms at 1.8MHz when the
ground loss resistance was 13 Ohms. That same antenna at 3.5MHz had a
feedpoint impedance of 6000-j1000 Ohms.

That's to be expected - the wire is close to a half-wave long on 80m.

73,
Steve G3TXQ