[TowerTalk] Fwd: Fwd: Adjusting a Gamma Match on a Yagi withan AntennaAn

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Fwd: Adjusting a Gamma Match on a Yagi withan AntennaAnalyzer
From: hanslg@aol.com
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 19:52:38 -0500
 Hi Jim,

I seen that too bu in this case, no.

Hans

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Hargrave <w5ifp@gvtc.com>
To: hanslg@aol.com
Cc: towertalk@contesting.com
Sent: Wed, Nov 10, 2010 8:54 am
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Adjusting a Gamma Match on a Yagi withan
AntennaAnalyzer

Hans,

Most gamma matches have a capacitor consisting of the feed coax or an

insulated rod inside the outer rod. This is the series capacitor. Its

adjusted by moving the outer rod in and out. This gives you two adjustments

of the Gamma match. Inductance by adjusting the shorting bar and capacitance

by sliding the outer tube.

Is it possible that your yagi has this type of adjustable capacitor?

     73's Jim

      W5IFP