Re: [TowerTalk] which type of coax?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] which type of coax?
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 09:57:01 -0800
On 11/19/2010 4:10 PM, Roger (sub1) wrote:
>> http://audiosystemsgroup.com/Coax-Stubs.pdf
> Very nice addition Jim.  At least I think it's an addition as I didn't
> see it when reading the tutorial a year or so back, which could speak
> more to my attention span than contents.
>
> There  are several things I'd like to add.

Thanks for the comments, Roger.  I make a point of not writing what I
don't know about, which is why the things you noted were not included.
You were not sleeping through it -- this piece on coax and stubs was
posted this summer.  I'm gradually adding to it as I have time, and I'll
add your comments when I do.  FWIW, I did NOT find it difficult to
terminate LMR240 using the standard reducer in an Ampheol 83-1SP.  I
have no experience with the other cables you mentioned.

At the AES Convention two weeks ago, I had dinner with a colleague who
is an engineer at Belden. He's working on getting me some more data on
their cables that will allow me to illustrate some of the principles in
the piece and add some more curves to the attenuation data.  Stay tuned.

73, Jim K9YC