Re: [TowerTalk] STACKED 40 METER BEAMS MATCH

To: "David J. Sourdis - HK1A" <hk1kxa@hotmail.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] STACKED 40 METER BEAMS MATCH
From: "Gene Fuller" <w2lu@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 16:18:08 -0500
What ever happened to the good old (and simple) 2:1 unun which can be set up
to give BIP, TO, or BO. with 4x SPST  (QST, Feb 1994, p43)  or 3x SPDT
relays? In a contest I like to leave the lower on the Carib and use the
upper for the rest of the world except on the rare occasion that the "stack"
noticeably outperforms the top alone.In fact I would seriously consider not
even putting a rotator on the lower. I would keep the unun though so I could
cover two directions when just looking for Q's in a contest.
In my case the "stack" consists of a 7-60 Mhz LP at 100 ft and a TH-6DXX at
45 feet. Granted, it's not the best combination, but if you keep track of
the varied "phase center" in the LP it's not bad.
Gene / W2LU