Re: [TowerTalk] OT ?? - Manual tuners

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] OT ?? - Manual tuners
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 20:42:40 -0700
I think in general that the lowest loss would occur with the lowest
current through the inductor ... I'm not sure that always equates to the
lowest inductance.

Whether the maximum capacity should be on the load side or the source
side is a function of whether the load is higher or lower impedance than
the source.  It is not correct that the maximum capacitance should
necessarily be on the load side.  Check out L-networks and pretend that
the side with no capacitor is actually a very large one with the plates
fully meshed.

73,
Dave   AB7E