[TowerTalk] Teflon coax

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Teflon coax
From: Dan Hearn <n5ardxcc@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 11:16:02 -0800
I use small RG 142 teflon coax for ferrite line chokes. RF Parts has 30 ft
cables under pre assembled coax for $35, by far the least expensive I have
found. These have type N connectors on both ends. This stuff has multi KW
power ratings.
  I really like the designs using type 31 cores. I have made a number of
different chokes using the 1/2 ID cores with 3 turns thru the hole and
several in series as DX engineering does. I have also used the 1.4 ID large
cores with 10 turns to get measured impedances of 1500 to 2800 ohms over the
hf ham bands. My measuring equipment does not allow me to resolve the R and
X components.

73, Dan, N5AR