Re: [TowerTalk] Whole House Surge Suppressors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Whole House Surge Suppressors
From: "Steve Norris" <w5ki@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 09:55:10 -0600
Dale, I am fortunate that my rural electric co-op only charges $5.99 a month!
But I chose having them provide the whole house protection because:  (1)
located at the meter, outside the house.  (2) Clear indication if protection is
lost (two green LEDs lit when okay).  I check it when I drive in/out of the
property.  (3) They fix it at no cost to me.  (4) some amount of insurance
protection, but I haven't read that literature.

I am located near the top of a high hill.  We are also the "last" house on a
very long power line run, no other houses to share and disperse the strike past
us.  From reading the other posts, I feel better about my decision.  I just
wish I had initially made it when I first moved back to Arkansas.  You know,
back BEFORE the first two costly lightning events we had prior to the surge
installation.  ;> )

73, Steve, W5KI