Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower TX-472

To: "'John Gager'" <k7kb.dx@gmail.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower TX-472
From: "Mike" <noddy1211@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 15:42:27 -0800
John,

I would defiantly shell out the 1500 bucks, it will be hard to crank that
size of tower up by hand.  Plus if you change your mind in the future you
will pretty much have no chance that US Tower will sell you the kit, and
even if you could persuade them it would be more than 1500 bucks.  US Tower
told my friend across town that they will not sell him the kit for his tower
unless it fitted by an authorized dealer and that would cost a fortune.

I have an Tashjian LM-470 that includes the motor crank up and I am sure
glad I have it.

PS Even the US Towers 55 foot crank up that a friend has is a bear crank up,
we changed out the standard K-1550 crank for a K-2550 and although much
easier it is still tough to crank up.

Mike, K6BR