Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Problems

To: Michael Goins <wmgoins@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Problems
From: Joseph or Ruth Patrick <hdmc38@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 12:04:09 -0800 (PST)
Hey Mike

 You need to look for someone that has a Bobcat with a jack hammer on it. We
use
them all the time for demolition.
If the soil is like you say around your area you should be able to find someone
that has what you need. I live in a residential area so I needed a permit for
my
tower.I hired a contractor who came in with 2 guys. They dug the hole,formed
the
top,lined the bottom with some pea rock and covered with landscape cloth for
drainage. They set a short base, passed inspection, and pumped the concrete. We
pitched the foundation about 1" from back to front so no water would lay
on It.Full clean up and then he got paid.
 Now I paid more then Mickey to have this done, but It was well worth It. When
it was done I had a 6' foundation with about 12" of short base plumb and right
where I wanted it.Hard works done. Next just build the tower.
 73 DE K4XZ Joe Patrick