Re: [TowerTalk] Home brew radial ring question

To: "Al Kozakiewicz" <akozak@hourglass.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Home brew radial ring question
From: "Gene Smar" <ersmar@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 18:08:22 -0500
Tony:

     As a potentially cheaper alternative, consider using copper water
tubing, like for refrigerator ice cube makers, as the main element of your
radial ring.  I used #8 soild copper wire, but would use the tubing if I did
it over again.  You can solder it together to form a ring by overlapping the
ends several inches and wrapping this joint with smaller gauge wire then
soldering.

     To construct the dirt anchors you described for the pipe, simply solder
several short lengths around the circumference of the ring perpendicular to
the plane of the ring.  Then use liquid electric tape to cover each solder
joint after the radials have been attached to prevent deterioraton that Al
discusses.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F